• Adonia’s, 20 Allen Street (332-1205). Mon-Sat 3pm-4am; Sun noon-2am.
• Cathode Ray, 26 Allen Street (884-3615). Daily lpm-4am.
• Club Marcella, 622 Main Street at Theater Place (847-6850). Wed-Sun 9pm-4am.
• Fugazi, 503 Franklin Street, near Allen (881-3588). Sun-Fri 5pm-2am; Sat 8pm-2am.
• OHM Ultra Lounge, 948 Main Street (332-0510). Wed-Fri 5pm-4am; Sat 8pm-4am.
• Q, 44 Allen Street (332-2223). Mon-Fri 3pm-4am; Sat & Sun noon-4am.
• Roxy’s, 884 Main Street (882-9293). Wed-Sat 6pm-4am.
• Underground, 274 Delaware Avenue (853-0092). Daily noon- 4am.
• Buffalo Alternative Volleyball. Co-ed recreational/intermediate level volleyball. September to June. Every Thu 6:30-9:30 pm. Admission $6. For more info, visit buffalovolleyball.googlepages.com.
• Buffalo Bears. Social club for self-defined bears and their admirers. Meetings second Saturday each month at OHM Ultra Lounge, 948 Main Street. PO Box 622, Ellicott Station, 14205. Visit www.buffalobears.org. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
• BuffaloBelles. Non-sexual social and support group for cross-dressers, transsexuals, and transgendered persons. Email: TinaMarie026@aol.com.
• Buffalo Bulldogs. Leather fetish fraternal club for gay men and friends. Meetings first Saturday each month at OHM Ultra Lounge, 948 Main Street, 10pm. Email: Buffalobulldogs@yahoo.com.
• Buffalo Frontrunners/ Frontwalkers. A social exercise group of runners and walkers. All ages welcome. Meets 52 weeks a year at Nottingham Terrace and Meadow Drive. Sun 10am; Tue 6pm.
• Buffalo Gay & Lesbian Tennis Group. For intermediate players. Meets weekly for summer play, indoors in winter.Email: email@example.com.
• Madeline Davis GLBT Archives of WNY. Call 631-7670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
• embraceWNY. A not-for-profit organization comprising gay and straight members of the WNY community. Parent organization of the Buffalo Brunch, dedicated to equality and fairness within WNY and seeks to raise awareness, understanding, and acceptance of the LGBT community. Visit embracewny.org
• Buffalo Gay Men’s Chorus. Gay or straight non-singing volunteers are welcome. Call 883-1277 or visit www.buffalogaymenschorus.com.
• Buffalo Historical Bowling League. Meets every Wednesday at Voelkers Lanes, 686 Amherst Street, 8pm (884-4527). New season starts 9/9.
• Buffalo in the Buff Club. Social nudist club for gay/bi men of all age groups. Monthly meetings. Email: email@example.com.
• Buffalo State College Pride Alliance. Cassidy Hall, B-l4F, 1300 Elmwood Avenue (878-3690). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dignity/Buffalo. GLBT Catholic- rooted community. Call 833-8995 or visit www.dignitybuffalo.org.
• Gay/Lesbian Youth Services of WNY (GLYS). Visit www.glyswny. org. 371 Delaware Avenue (855-0221). Mon-Thu 3:30-8:30pm; Fri 3-6pm.
• Lesbian Book Discussion & Potluck Group. Meets the second Saturday evening of each month at different locations. New members welcome. Casll 646-3127.
• MOCHA Center. Health education and support services for people of color. 531 Virginia Street (852-1142). Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. Some evening hours.
• African Queens Association. Discussion group for transgender persons of color, first and third Wedneday at 6pm. MOCHA Center, 531 Virginia Street (852-1142).
• Parents, Family, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG). Call 883-0384 or visit www.pflag-buffalo-niagara.org.
• Pride Buffalo, Inc. Coordinates annual LGBT Pride Parade and Festival. 206 Elmwood Avenue (852-PRIDE). Visit www.pridebuffalo.org.
• Pride Center of WNY. Central resource for WNY LGBT communities providing referrals for health, mental health, and legal services. 206 S. Elmwood Avenue (852-PRIDE) Visit www.pridecenterwny.org. Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri 10am-5pm; Tue 10am-8pm.
• Queen City Softball League. Buffalo’s gay and lesbian softball organization. Summer hours noon-3:30pm at Lasalle Park. Visit www.QueenCitySoftball.com.
• Rainbow Elders of the Niagara Frontier. Social and support organization for older gay women, men, and friends. Meets second Sunday each month at 3pm at the Pride Center, 206 S. Elmwood Avenue. Call Danny Winter (881-7234) or visit www.profiles.yahoo.com/rainbow_elders_of_the_niagara_fr.
• Spectrum Transgender Group. Support group for transitioning transsexuals and questioning transgender individuals. Monthly meetings. Contact Sandy (803-4118 / SpectrumWNY@yahoo.com or visit www.spectrumwny.org.
• Stonewall Democrats of WNY. Visit www.stonewalldemocratswny.org.
• Rainbow Spirit Rising. Addresses spiritual needs of LGBT people, friends, and families. Call 887-8337 or visit www.rainbowspiritrising.org.
• Buffalo Community of the Holy Spirit. Open, inclusive, affirming. United in love and service. Sharing faith and worship. Tue 6pm at the Pride Center, 206 S. Elmwood Avenue (868-2532).
• Unity Fellowship Church Movement. Ministry for black LGBT people by Pastor Rev. Williams. Services Sunday at 3pm, 1420 Main Street. Visit www.unityfellowshipbuffalo.com.
• Black Intelligent Ladies Alliance (BILA, Inc.). Social group for black lesbians. Visit www.myspace.com/BILAinc.
• OUTCOME. Buffalo’s gay newspaper, founded and published by Tim Moran. News and information source for gay & gay-friendly people in WNY. Email: Tim@OutcomeBuffalo.com.
• ABOUT. Gay life magazine covering Buffalo, Rochester, and Toronto. Email: email@example.com.
Issue Navigation> Issue Index > v8n32 (week of Thursday, August 6, 2009) > Gaywatch > Gaywatch Listings
This Week's Issue • Artvoice Daily • Artvoice TV • Events Calendar • Classifieds