A modern person cannot imagine his/her life without social media. We spend here a lot of our time and even money in the pursuit of popularity buying followers https://howsociable.com/buy-instagram-followers/. A social network like Instagram is a handy tool for any task. It helps to make new connections and expand the circle of friends. It’s a place to go for healthy lifestyle motivation. We use it to find out the latest fashion trends. Also, the platform offers an opportunity to earn money for people with sufficient numbers of followers.
You may be an active IG user and take advantage of the platform in several ways, but that doesn’t mean that you know everything about this social media. Discover mind-blowing Instagram statistics and facts, including its history, demographic data, usage statistics, and more.
Historic Instagram Statistics and Facts
- Instagram was founded on October 6, 2010.
- Initially, the photo-sharing app was called “Codename” but was renamed to “Instagram” before the launch. The name comes from a combination of “instant camera” and “telegram.”
- In 2012, Facebook bought Instagram for 1 billion dollars. At the time of its purchase, it had only 30 million users.
- Stories function was introduced in August 2016.
- The co-founders of the application – Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger – met while studying at Stanford University. Both of them left the company in 2018 to pursue new projects.
- Instagram has been installed 1 billion times on the Google Play Store alone.
Statistics and Facts About the Instagram Users
- 32% of all Internet users have IG accounts.
- 63% of users log in daily, which makes IG the second most engaged network after Facebook.
- The top countries that use Instagram, in order of popularity, are the United States, Brazil, Indonesia, India, Turkey, and Russia.
- The average age of users is between 18 to 29 years old.
- 68% of users are females.
- On average users spend about 28 minutes per day on IG.
- There are 150 million daily active users on the platform.
- As of 2020, Cristiano Ronaldo, an international soccer star, is the most followed person on IG with 202 million followers. An international pop icon, Ariana Grande, holds the title of the most-followed woman with 174 million.
- A study has discovered that 8% of all accounts are fake.
Facts and Statistics About the Content
- Mike Krieger made the first test post on July 16, 2010. It was before the launch, so users had no chances. The photo was a picture of a dog.
- Each day, 95 million photos are uploaded on Instagram, and there are 4.2 billion Instagram likes per day.
- Every day, one hundred million accounts upload a Story.
- More than 50 billion photos have been uploaded to Instagram so far.
- Photos still slay on the platform getting 36% more likes than videos. But videos are steadily growing in popularity.
- Pizza is the most photographed food on Instagram. Sushi is ranked second, and chicken meat has got third place.
- The most popular emoji on IG is the heart.
- The most commonly used hashtags are #love, #instagood, #me, #cute and #follow.
- The top three filters are Gingham, Clarendon, and Juno.
- Predictably, a selfie is the most popular type of photo on Instagram. There are almost 300 million selfies on the platform.
- Three most-liked IG posts are:
- The photo of a completely ordinary egg on a white background. The @world_record_egg was created with the sole intention of beating the record for the most likes. It was posted in January 2019, and it reached 18.4 million likes in 10 days, breaking the previous Kylie Jenner’s record. Now, the picture has 54 million likes, and the account – 7 million readers.
- Kylie Jenner’s first photo of her daughter. The emotional post was done in February 2018. Today, it has 18.7 million likes.
- XXXTentacion’s final image. The picture posted almost a month before the rapper’s death has garnered 18.2 million likes. It’s also the only picture on his account.
- Instagram is currently hiding like counts and video views for 7 countries: Canada, Australia, Brazil, Italy, Ireland, Japan, and New Zealand.
Facts and Stats About Business on Instagram
- In 2019, Instagram generated $20 billion in ad revenue.
- There are about 1 million advertisers on the network.
- Over 200 million Instagrammers visit at least one brand profile daily.
- 50% of users are subscribed to at least one business page.
- 83% of Instagram users report they discover new products and services on Instagram.
- 1/3 of the most viewed stories come from businesses.
- The number of active IG influencers reaches half a million.
- Instagram influencers are charging up to $100,000 for a sponsored post. People find the sponsored ads on Instagram relevant, appealing, and not as annoying as on other platforms. So, brands are willing to pay.
- The top 5 brands on IG are National Geographic (131 million followers), Nike (100 million), Real Madrid (84 million), FC Barcelona (83 million), Victoria’s Secret (69 million). It turns out that the fashion and sports industries are getting the most out of the IG community.
What Is a Secret of Popularity on Instagram?
The most-liked posts and most-followed accounts on Instagram belong to celebrities and famous brands. But what user doesn’t want to have more followers, get more likes, or even make money through sponsored posts? Thanks to numerous studies, we know some tips and tricks that can help everyone increase engagement.
- Adding at least one hashtag to a post brings a 12.6% boost in engagement.
- Tagging a location can increase engagement by up to 79%.
- 60% of the top brands use the same filter for every post. Influencers also stick to the same esthetics.
- The right time zones to post are Mondays and Thursdays at any time except between 3.00-4.00 p.m.
- Putting faces in photos or videos can increase the number of likes by 38%.
Using this information wisely will help you improve your Instagram account engagement and reach the desired benefit.