UB Center for the Arts Fri Oct 14th 7pm $33.50/$14.50 Students
Recognized as one of the “25 for the future” by the jazz bible Downbeat Magazine, Skonberg is newly signed to Sony Music’s Okeh Records and releases her new album, “Bria.” To date, she has performed at over 100 festivals and is the co-founder of the New York Hot Jazz Festival. She is a wonderful trumpeter, playing in the styles of Louis Armstong and Roy Eldridge. Skonberg explains “With my trumpet voice, I love the gritty, plunger, growling sounds. But vocally I love Anita O’ Day- a raspier but softer sound.” The Center for the Arts is presenting her in a new format called a “Special Mainstage Jazz Club” which the band and the audience will be on the stage. The audience will be seated at tables and beer and wine will be served.
- Attempted Smear of Elected Official with Opposite Political Views Fails on
- Paladino to Media: My comments in Artvoice were not racist; ‘Tough Luck if you don’t like my answer’ on
- Judicial Watch: Food-Stamp Recipients Can Order from Amazon, Other Online Retailers on
- Art and Your Home: How to Really Stand Out on
- Arroyo case, another Buffalo Police ‘wrong house’ ‘dog killing’ raid is in court on